Dynomometer Testing and Mapping
We provide a full engine testing and mapping facility, using our bespoke test cell facilities and Schenck Dynamometer equipment. We are familiar with most modern engine management systems, and still have the capability and software to map some very early systems. We are official dealers for Motec Engine Management Systems and associated products.
Engine Testing Facilities.
We have a bespoke test cell, utilising a Schenck D400 Water Brake, with full electronic control. The cell will accommodate all types of internal combustion engines apart from those that rotate anti-clockwise, eg some Honda Engines. We have full control of all temperatures and can accommodate various types of fuels. This dyno is excellent for steady state mapping procedures with an accuracy & tolerance of within 1% across its range. We can cope with engines up to 800 bhp. and 650 ft. lbs torque (880 NMs)
Below is a list of some of the engines we currently have jigs for:-
- Alfa Romeo:- 164, GTV, 3.0 Litre V6, 2.0 Litre 4 cylinder Turbo.
- Audi:- 1.8 Litre 5 Valve Turbo. 5 cylinder Quattro.
- Austin Rover:- Mini A Series, B Series, Metro 6R4.
- BMW:- M3 6 Cylinder. M3 (4 Cylinder.-E30) M5 6 Cylinder. M10 4 Cylinder.
- Chevrolet:- Small & Big Block Derivatives.
- Citroen:- 1.6 Saxo and derivatives.
- Coventry Climax:- Most versions of inline 4 cylinder engines.
- Ferrari:- 308, 328, 250, 275,
- Ford:- BDA, BDE, BDG, BDT, BDX, RS2000 SOHC, Zetec, Formula Junior, all Pinto Derivatives, Cosworth FVA, FVC, DFV. Crossflow Kent, and Pre-crossflow.
- Ford American V8. V6 Essex Engine and Cosworth V6 , All Cosworth YB types Turbo charged and Normally aspirated. Duratec and Sigma Engines.
- Holbay:- Hillman Hunter 4 cylinder. Ford based Twin Cam Pinto derivatives.
- Hyundai:- 2.0 Litre 16 Valve Normally aspirated and turbocharged versions.
- Jaguar:- V8 Supercharged XKR.
- Lotus:- D907 (& Talbot types.) Twin Cam Ford Based Engines.
- Maserati:- V12 F1 (Historic.)
- Mazda:- 323Turbo Types. Wankel Rotary Types Single and twin rotor.
- Mitsubishi:- EVO 1-9 4G63 Types. VR4.
- Mugen:- F3000 V8.
- Lancia:- 2000 and Delta Integrale derivatives.
- Nissan:- Primera Touring car and Super Touring. SR20 Upright versions, V6 Types.
- Peugeot:- 206 1.6 Litre, 2.0 Litre 16 Valve NA & Turbo., V6 Normally asp and turbo charged.
- Porsche:- All 911 Types, GT2, GT3. air and water cooled.
- Renault:- Historic Alpine, Megane, Clio, Formula Renault, 12 valve V6.
- Rover:- K Series and all V8 Types.
- Gurney Weslake:- V12 Historic F1.
- Saab:- 2.4 Litre.
- Subaru:- Impreza Turbo All Versions. And all Flat 4 derivatives.
- Susuki:- GSXR and Hyabusa. Normally aspirated, super charged or turbo charged.
- Toyota:- MR-2/Corolla/Starlet 4A-GE. 18-RG Twin Cam. 2T and 2TG Twin Cam, Novamotor F3, 3RZ-FE / Supra Twin Turbo 2JZ, V6 3VZ. 3S-GE and 3S-GTE. 18R. & 18-RG. 2ZZ 4 cylinder normally aspirated and turbo charged.
- Vauxhall:- XE 16 Valve all types.
- Venturi:- V6.
If your engine is not listed here then we can manufacture an installation jig for it. Please ask for a quotation. Most jigs can be produced within 2-3 days.
We always endeavour to test engines with the ancilliries they will use when installed in the car. If turbo charged then we prefer to test with the engine’s intercooler and pipework. It is also important that all electrics which are to be used in car, are supplied at the time of testing.